With summer unofficially underway in many places and officially just around the corner for everyone else, a lot of weddings and wedding parties will be taken from inside four walls to the great outdoors. And few things go better with a summer party than a great summer cocktail. But what you should you choose to serve your wedding or pre-wedding party guests and what should you avoid in order to easily slip on that wedding dress? This interesting article at AOL Body
lists 5 cocktails that fall into each category: the 5 best and the 5 worst.
- Mimosa -- this classic champagne cocktail provides a hefty dose of Vitamin C and is tasty, to boot!
- Wine spritzer -- with zero grams of fat, this is a nice choice for everyone
- Sangria -- A low-calorie (and delicious!) choice
- Bloody Mary -- Not many other drinks offer a serving of vegetables
- Daiquiri -- A high-sugar, high-calorie drink that may taste good but it sure won't be nice for your waistline. And the larger the glass, the more calories you'll consume.
- Pina Colada
- Long Island Iced Tea
- Wine coolers
With summer comes swimsuit season, so choose carefully when ordering at the bar (or planning a summer party menu) and you can enjoy fun in the sun without worrying about the size of your thighs!