One bride from Proctorville, Ohio, just broke the record with more than 100 bridesmaids at her June 11 wedding. Jill Stapleton, who owns Jill's Tumble World, a dance school, asked her students -- all 110 of them -- to be her bridesmaids and walk down the aisle at her wedding.
When asked why so many bridesmaids, Jill answered, "We were actually going away for a wedding, but this wedding day is more important to these little boys and girls that made my dreams come true. We decided on another fairy tale, and this is our dream wedding."
Following the current trend of bridesmaids choosing their own bridesmaid dresses, the bride asked each girl to choose her own dress for the wedding in either purple or teal, the school's colors. In lieu of bridesmaid bouquets, each bridesmaid carried a single rose.
The previous record for the most bridesmaids in a wedding was 90.
More wacky wedding news:
- The Marriage of the Letters Q & U
- Robot performs (legal) wedding ceremony
- Back to the Future fan goes to the movies to pop the question
- Couple Gets Married at Home Depot
- Garter toss gone horribly bad
- KISS interrupts couples first dance
- Couple Gets Engaged and Married on Twitter