Erin Gilmore Photography
1. Backdrop, backdrop, backdrop
Whether you want sand and sea, mountains and trees, barns and fields or urban glam, Vancouver has it all within an hour drive. Vancouver is known worldwide for being one of the most beautiful cities on earth, and with so many scenic backdrops to choose from, it might just be one of the best wedding cities as well.
2. A wedding and a honeymoon in one
Not only is Vancouver a gorgeous place to say I do, but the options for your honeymoon are endless. You can hop in a car and head to Whistler Mountain for world-class skiing or go to the Okanagan for some wine tasting at our amazing wineries. Want to relax even more? A quick ferry over to Vancouver Island and you can stroll scenic Victoria or watch the whales in the oceanside town of Tofino.
3. Never too hot, never too cold
Vancouver has that perfect climate for weddings. Our winters are mild and our summers are never too hot that you have to worry about your fabulous makeup job melting off! It truly is a wonder of the West Coast.
4. Happy people make for a happy day
We love our city, and it shows. Vancouverites are just happy people, and with a laid back West Coast style we welcome you and are always willing to lend you a hand. Whether you need directions, a recommendation or just a smiling face, we've got you covered.
5. Ideas galore
Vancouver has so many talented people, and with that comes fabulous offerings to help guide you through your planning:
- Aislewalk magazine, for every bride on the go
- Indie I Do wedding show, for the bride wanting something different
- Lovestruck wedding show, elegant and edgy
- Crème de la Crème wedding show, for indulgence and luxury
- Terminal City Club, a luxurious setting, fabulous food and the perfect staff
- Shangri la, one of the most gorgeous properties in Vancouver
- Swan-e-set Bay Resort and Country Club, a castle-like setting away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hart House Restaurant, a quaint heritage house
- DreamGroup Productions, the team that gets it done
- Reflection Events, always willing to work 110 percent for their clients
- Delovely Creative, the perfect vision every time
- Radke Designs, soft and elegant decor
- Upright Décor, from chic to over-the-top indulgence
9. Fabulous Florals
We have some of the most talented floral artists in the world:
- Flowerz, Vancouver meets European flair
- Flower Factory, perfectly pretty
- Halyard Designs, West Coast to a T
You've set the date, sent out the invitations and found the perfect place. Now you need stunning photos to remember it by.
- Erin Gilmore, editorial style with a romantic side. The perfect combination of classic and modern portraiture.
- Michelle Libby, an amazing eye, totally unobtrusive and a real calming influence on the day
- Fran Chelico, full of energy and creativity, and always willing to go the extra mile
- Daniela Ciuffa, a wealth of experience that will give you a style and grace befitting the pages of a fashion magazine
- Kari Heese of Fractured Light, fun and full of great ideas. Kari knows how to get it done and work with you to make everyone and everything look amazing!
- Miranda and Reilly of Blue Olive, edgy and full of rich color and creativity
Erin Gilmore was recently voted one of the top 10 most inspirational wedding photographers in Canada and is also the publisher of Aislewalk wedding magazine in Vancouver. Read Erin's top tips for getting sexy boudoir photos.