Courtesy of Fete
2. Take your portraits in front of iconic backdrops: Central Park, the Brooklyn Bridge or the Empire State Building.
3. In the city that never sleeps, there's always something for out-of-town guests to do!
4. Your wedding menu can be catered by one of the many world-class chefs located in the city.
5. Unique transportation options can take you and your guests to and from the ceremony and reception. Two of our favorite companies are Vintage NYC Taxi Cabs and FilmCars.
6. New York City is home to international artists who can entertain your guests during cocktails or the reception. Some of our favorite entertainers include Anthony Morgan's choir, pianist Danny Mixon and Cuban band Quimbombó.
7. You can celebrate till morning because many New York City venues don't have a curfew or set closing time.
8. Having a religious ceremony? You can hold it in a world-famous church or temple such as St. Patrick's Cathedral or Central Synagogue.
9. Host your wedding afterparty at a hot club in the Meatpacking District.
10. After the wedding, head over to Lombardi's Pizza for a late-night snack.
Jung Lee is the owner of wedding- and event-planning company
More Local Wedding Resources:
Top Ten Reasons to Get Married in Las Vegas
Top 10 Reasons to Get Married in Walt Disney World
Top 10 Reasons to Get Married in Paris
Top 10 Reasons to Get Married in New Jersey
Top 10 Reasons to Get Married in Chicago
Top 10 Reasons to Get Married in Los Angeles
Top 10 Reasons to Get Married in Washington, D.C.
Top 10 Reasons to Get Married in Boston
Top 10 Reasons to Get Married in Colorado